Residential Care Officer Disability – Potts Hill & South West Sydney Region.
We are seeking Residential Care Officer / Disability Support Workers with experience clients with disability &/or mental health & challenging behaviour support needs, to come on board working shifts in the Sydney South West region.
What we offer:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Ability to work close to home
- Free Global staff training course
- Shifts to suit your lifestyle and commitments
Essential: (Must have in order to apply)
- Must have a current NSW driving license
- Reliable vehicle to get to and from shifts
- Must have a current First Aid Certificate
- National Police Certificate
- Working With Children Check
- Must have a minimum 12 months disability experience
- Previous experience in behaviour support
- Commitment to the rights of people with a disability
- Commitment to the confidentiality and privacy of clients personal information
- Supportive and positive attitude to enriching the lives of people you are supporting
- Capacity to identify and manage risks to ensure safety for all
- Certificate 3 or 4on higher in Disability &/or Mental Health
- Certificate 3 or 4 or higher in Youth Work (Community Services)
- Tertiary qualifications in social care, social welfare, social work, allied health, psychology, occupational therapy or special needs teaching
- Auslan Sign Language training
- Challenging behaviour experience
- Mental health experience
- P.A.R.T Training (Global staff training courses available)
- Medication Management course (Global staff training courses available)
- Epilepsy & Emergency Medication Training (Global staff training courses available)
- Keep Them Safe: Child Protection Training (Global staff training courses available)
- Knowledge of the Disability Inclusion Act 2014 (Global staff training courses available)
- Knowledge of the Disability Service Standards (Global staff training courses available)
- Knowledge of person centred planning and active support (Global staff training courses available)
The positions would suit a person with the above qualifications or persons with a Mental Health or Youth work background. More and more people are coming on board and finding out the advantages of working for Global. Why not find out what we can do for you.
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com or you can fax it to 02 9764 1610.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY ONCE – even if interested in multiple locations advertised.
Office Address: Suite 5, Level 3, Strathfield Plaza, 11 The Boulevard, Strathfield, NSW, Australia, 2135