Residential Care Officers / Disability Support Workers – Greater Sydney wide Regions.
We are seeking Residential Care Officers / Disability Support Workers with experience with clients with disability &/or mental health & challenging behaviour support needs, to come on board working shifts in the Greater Sydney wide regions, i.e. all suburbs. Full shifts &/or short shifts available.
What we offer:
- Excellent rates of pay Annual between $50K – $65K
- Ability to work close to home
- Free Global staff training courses
- Shifts to suit your lifestyle and commitments
Essential: (Must have in order to apply)
- Must have a current NSW driving license
- Reliable vehicle to get to and from shifts
- National Police Certificate
- Working With Children Check.
- Must have a current First Aid Certificate
- Must have a minimum 12 months disability experience
- Previous experience in mental health support
- Commitment to the rights of people with a disability
- Commitment to the confidentiality and privacy of clients personal information
- Supportive and positive attitude to enriching the lives of people you are supporting
- Capacity to identify and manage risks to ensure safety for all
- Certificate 3 or 4 or higher in Disability
- Certificate 3 or 4 or higher in Mental Health Work &/or Youth Work (Community Services)
- Tertiary qualifications in social care, social welfare, social work, allied health, psychology or special needs teaching
- Mental Health First Aid Certificate
- Challenging behaviour &/or Mental health experience
- Youth Work experience
- P.A.R.T Training Certificate (Global training course available)
- Medication Management course (Global training course available)
- Epilepsy & Emergency Medication Training (Global training course available)
- Keep Them Safe: Child Protection Training (Global training course available)
- Knowledge of the Disability Inclusion Act 2014 (Global training course available)
- Knowledge of the Disability Service Standards (Global training course available)
- Knowledge of person centred planning and active support (Global training course available)
The positions would suit a person with the above qualifications or persons with a Social or Youth work background. More and more people are coming on board and finding out the advantages of working for Global. Why not find out what we can do for you.
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can fax it to 02 9764 1610.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY ONCE – even if interested in multiple locations advertised.
Office Address: Suite 5, Level 3, Strathfield Plaza, 11 The Boulevard, Strathfield, NSW, Australia, 2135